View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 02:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlmurrell View Post
Kelly: out of curiosity, why do you choose to make some of your pages without templates vs with?
Hmmm..I guess it usually just depends on if I'm feeling creative or not! I am usually a challenge scrapper, so sometimes the prompt will give me an idea in my head, and so in those cases it's just easier to create my own rather than try to find a template to match my idea. Lots of times I don't have an idea though, so that's when I pull out a template (I love templates!!)

Just a couple other thoughts reading through this thread....

One thing I do a LOT when I'm not super happy with my page after making it is to select all layers except the background layer, then ctrl+t to transform it. I will just scale the whole thing down or up, rotate it, and move it around the page until I see something eye catching. It helps me a lot to do this!

When I scraplift, I like to save the layout I'm lifting and open it in PS. I then place it on top of my background paper and reduce the opacity way down so I can just barely see the photo spots, main ellie spots, etc. Sometimes I'll rotate it.