View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 10:52 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I JUST went through all my old old kits and finally deleted most of the freebies from way back...... I also stuck all old kits that I bought in a separate folder.... thinking maybe I will delete them... but I'm a hoarder of digi.... so who knows if I will.
I deleted all those freebies I downloaded in early 2008 when I found digital scrapping. I also have moved a lot of the kits I purchased back then into another folder. There are also folders for designers that have retired but I love their stuff. I put this folder on an EHD and it is also backed up to 2 other EHD's.

And, I have used things from that folder several times! I was looking for a rainbow in Dec 2016 to do a page about putting my dogs down. It was mostly journaling but I wanted a rainbow and in a kit from a retired designer I found what I was looking for. All other rainbows I had just weren't right for the layout I was doing. So, yeah, I'm glad I've kept this stuff.

Edit to add this thought. I did a small book for a cousin's family 8 years ago. I love the cover I made for it. Fast forward to 2020 when I started scrapping more of the photos that pertain to their family with the thought to do a bigger Shutterfly book. Lo and behold, I have more layouts than can fit in a book! So volume 1 is printed and I used that same cover page. I'm halfway through volume 2 and I pulled up the layered file for the original cover page and added the "Volume 2" to it. Both books will have the same covers so will look coherent on their bookshelf.

Last edited by HavaDrPepper; 03-05-2021 at 10:58 AM.