View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 02:43 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I do books. I mostly only finish vacation books rather than a full year album, but I've been scrapping random things throughout the last few years and it's been making me crazy that there was no end in sight for getting those pages in my hands.

To remedy this, I went through all of my photos for a year and wrote out a list of the stories I most want to tell for that year, interspersed with the layouts I've already done. The list has two columns so I can see what pages will be next to each other in the photo book and how long the book will be. I crossed off the pages I already have done so I can see the gaps. And tbh, in looking at the list, there are definitely stories that I can tell matter less, so if I reach a point where I'm getting antsy to have a book in my hands, I may just skip them and call it good. I've already cut down a lot of stories from 2016, but I know there are two more critical ones before I can send that book off. I also like seeing the gaps I have so I can know where to focus my scrapping when I know I want to create but don't much care what I make.