View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 07:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Seems like daily more things are cancelled around here. I'm about 50 minutes outside of Atlanta. Schools are closed. Prom for my two senior boys is postponed until they don't know when. Church (Sundays and Wednesdays) is cancelled. We can watch online later this morning. Libraries are closed. Some grocery store chains are closing at 8:00 now. Perhaps to give them time to clean and restock. I get e-mails from a variety of companies and this week I've received a TON with them explaining what measures they are taking to protect their employees, customers and community. The indoor trampoline parks I find interesting right now. They say they will limit the number of people to 100 or something like that. Well, if we can't go sit in a sanctuary or school or library with people right now, I certainly don't plan to take my kiddo to jump around 99 other kids. How do they clean that place anyway? Especially the foam ball/cube pits? Thankfully, we are used to being outdoors going on walks/hikes as our entertainment.

The stores are so empty. Meat cases empty. Bread aisle empty. Canned meat, cleaning supplies, paper supplies...bare.

I've certainly never seen anything like this before. Even with the jokes about how, here in the South, if there is a mention of snow we all rush to buy eggs, milk and bread...it's never like this.

Since I homeschool my youngest, we aren't disrupted very much. Yet. We have some events coming up that might not happen now. We'll see. I am more concerned about my husband. He is on a variety of medications including immune suppressant ones. (He had a kidney transplant several years ago.) Thankfully the office location he goes to work at is the smaller location of the company, so less people to be around. But, it only takes one infected person around you.

I had a low headache all of yesterday. Not sure if it's stress about my EHD situation (that's in another thread) or all of the news and social media posts about the CoronaVirus. Or both.