View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 07:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Everyone has a different reason that they scrap, and sometimes many reasons.

It's a great creative outlet, but if you're not feeling it, there's nothing wrong with stepping away and taking a break. Sometimes real life just makes that the only option. Sometimes, when life calms down, you have more interest in being creative again. Just keep a journal or something like that, because, take it from me... those amazing stories that you thought you'd never forget, do get forgotten.

I have a good friend who left scrapping and started crocheting. That's now her creative outlet and she has no desire to go back to scrapping. Maybe someday she'll get tired of crocheting and come back to it, but if not, she's happy with her choice.

It's a little more challenging as your kids get older and you don't have as many "cute, adorable" photos of them to scrap. Mine are older (youngest going to college in the fall). I find that I get fewer photos, and have to be creative in getting some of the photos (like screenshots, LOL!). Sometimes, scrapping is therapeutic for me because I can do a LO that expresses my feelings about things that are happening. It has made me more creative in getting photos to scrap our lives.

I know you'll make the right decision for you. Don't stress yourself out... it will all work out!

I took a long break when I was paper scrapping because life was too chaotic, and I just didn't have the energy to scrap.