View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 09:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

16 years as of March for me. It's crazy that it's been that long (and that I have a 16 year old!)

I don't scrap traditional (non-pocket) pages with small photos anymore. My layouts these days are one of two kinds. Either they're pocket style weekly layouts (and occasionally pocket style layouts of events) with lots of small photos or they're traditional 1-2 photo layouts with big photos. My kids are 11, 14, and 16 now. I don't take nearly as many photos of them, so the few I do take get scrapped big. Back when I was swimming in photos of their early childhood I never did 1 or 2 photo pages, but now I do a lot of them.

I don't buy many of the themed kits I used to. Nothing cutesy, no summer pool layouts, no Halloween or pumpkin patch pages. I guess it's not that I never scrap them anymore, but these days I'm probably only doing one layout each year with those themes so I don't need a new kit for it.

I still use my mirrorless camera, but I take a lot fewer photos when I do. Since quarantine started I've had it out for Ben's birthday, Mothers' Day, and the last day of school. But these days I ask the kids to pose for a handful of photos and then respect their wishes and put the camera away; years ago I would have taken hundreds of special event photos throughout the whole day.

I don't do monthly challenges any more. I have specific things I need to scrap and certain ways I want to scrap them; I have no desire to adapt my plans to fit challenges. I do sometimes do special event challenges, but they tend to be things that help increase my volume of pages made in a short time.

I don't share many pages to the galleries or social media. I used to post challenge and CT pages, but I'm not doing many of either anymore. I spend too long tweaking layouts that I share, not to mention keeping track of credits and doing the actual posting. I scrap faster and stress less if my layouts are just for my family.

Last edited by rach3975; 06-11-2020 at 09:41 PM.