View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When we were picking Zachary's name, it was really important to Kyle that Zach be named after his best friend (his best friend being Ryan Zachary, he wanted Zach to be Zachary Ryan). I agreed to Zachary because the girl name I liked also started with a Z, and I really loved the meaning of the name Zachary ("The Lord remembers."

After Kyle and I broke up, I thought it was quite ridiculous that the baby was being entirely named after his best friend, so I changed his middle name to reflect the name of MY best friend... so now his name is Zachary Andrew. My best friend is named Andrew (Drew), and he and I have been best friends for 5 years, literally since the day we met. That's not ever changing, so I felt comfortable naming my son after him.

Had Zachary been a girl, or had I not miscarried my first pregnancy, my baby would be named Zoe. Zoe is the Greek word for "Life." I love the name and think it's very unique.

Just yesterday, though, Drew and I were talking about names, and I also thought that Ella was a very pretty name... so I'm saving that one back for the future!

On an off note, my mom wanted to name me Julia or Julie-ann. My father wanted to name me Bobbie. My grandfather wanted to name me Amanda. They all compromised and I got named Jennifer. I'm not sure how that's a compromise between all those names, but apparently it is.
It's a good thing they didn't go with my birth father or grandfather's ideas, though-- my dad (adoptive dad)'s ex-wife is Bobbie, and his daughter from that marriage is named Amanda!

I'm very heavily influenced by name meaning-- I feel like it's important that a name bestow a blessing or meaning on someone. For example, my name means "Pale, White, Ghostly" and I actually am. Very pale, I mean. It also is associated with being a "fair maiden."

My mom's name is Candy, and that name meaning is "Honest." I don't know a more honest person than my mother- she's honest to a fault!

For Zach, his name was an obvious choice. When my heart problems occurred, the doctors truly believed Zachary or I or both wouldn't make it. When we BOTH did, it was a miracle, and truly, "The Lord Remembered."

New Siggy Coming Soon