View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

It's been a while since I thought of baby names but when naming my kids..I wanted unique names but not weird names.

I wanted them to not have to correct someone everytime they had to say their name and I wanted their names to not be able to create a nickname (for example Samuel into Sam or Benjamin into Ben).

Also my boys names had to be of Gaelic decent.

Also since we have such a looooooooooooong last name I wanted 1 or 2 syllable first names.

Also the more kids we had the more the names needed to sound good together. I also didn't want any repeat "letters" and by the time we got to baby #4 and I say that the letters when in descending order I had to keep that order. That's why I tell hubby we can't have any more kids...baby #5 starts with a C and I'd only have 2 letters of the alphabet left to name them with!!!

None of my kid's name were on the Top 500 SSA list the year they were born except for my first...it was #28 the year she was born (1998) which is really weird because in the 13 years I have had her we have only ever met 2 other girls with the same name (and it's been within the last 6 years and they have been a lot younger then her) !!!

A few of the names that I have loved but not used (for various) reasons are:

Boys
Roman...loved this...wanted it so badly for both of my last babies.
Andrew
Jefferson
Colin: Was going to be baby #5's name until my sister in law used it just 2 month before he was born
Ean
Cian

Girls:
Sinclair
Elliot
Quinn

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow