View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 10:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Through the years, I have learned that I don't want to change the way I scrap or scrap the way I think a site wants to see just to get onto a creative team. I'm scrapping for me and doing what makes me happy.

One day it might come down to being "my time", meaning, the site is looking for someone to fill a CT spot and they are looking for the kind of pages I scrap!

Like Heather mentioned, I *hope* the designers will be having a few calls - !! But until then, I'll keep busy scrapping with the lovely designs here @ SSD and enjoying the great community!!
I think this is perfect! I know it's hard to be turned down. I was so many times and when I finally did get a spot as a babe, it was for social media, not my scrapping.

I never changed the way I scrapped. I think we all have to remember that no matter what, our families are always going to love and appreciate our layouts, no matter what. They don't care about the layers, or shadows, they don't want you to change. They love what you're doing.

Creative teams are great, but I was cting for about 12 SSD designers back in 2009ish, I couldn't get a spot as a babe, I lost the joy of scrapping for a while. It became way too competitive, and heart crushing. My daughter was diagnosed with cancer in 2010 and then again in 2011. I left all my CT's pretty much, didn't scrap for a while and then finally the stars aligned a few years later for me to become a social media babe.

Keep throwing your name out there if that what brings you job. I applied at least 7 times. It took me 8 years I think to get a spot. Rejection sucks. Hugs! We think you're all amazing! I'm blown away by all of you.

Last edited by nesser1981; 03-20-2020 at 10:43 PM.