Thread: Sweet Memories
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used to CT for Melissa Bennett in the "old days". She was a designer before coming here, which is where I CT'ed for her. Perhaps it was Elemental Scraps? It was a long time ago and a store closed doors ago. By the time she came over here, I had already stepped down from her team due to my husband enlisting and deploying. It was a stressful time for us. I had joined SSD, but didn't do too much with it for a LONG time because I was overwhelmed. I heard how this was the "it" places for designers to sell, but again I never paid it much attention because I was never one of the popular girls and figured I'd never fit in with the site or the designers. Fast-forward many years when SO closed its doors that I found myself without a home once again. One of my designers came here (yay!) and I decided to give it a chance! It was slow, I only posted layouts here and there. I really feel like I connected with Val, one home-schooling mom with another who had given up homeschooling. But it wasn't until this past DSD weekend in October that I finally did my first challenge! Since then I've jumped in, commented on layouts and forum posts. Even though I'm still not one of the popular girls, I'm here, participating, scrapping and enjoying myself. I just needed some holding hands and people bringing me over here during the last 9 years!

Oh and here's something that is vague in my memory and perhaps she can clear it up. Once upon a time, I believe Traci Reed was admin at another site like Scrapmommies, which obviously closed its doors many years ago. I was VERY active there and loved her products. But I also wonder, who else came from there all those years ago? Melissa Bennett, were you there too?

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 02-08-2017 at 04:59 PM.