Thread: School Already?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 02:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My kids start August 14. My daughter will be in 5th grade, and my son will be in (all-day) kindergarten (and potentially taught by my sister). My daughter always loves the first week of school as it's also her birthday week (which is August 17).

My mom (bless her pure heart) takes them both supply shopping before school starts so they both already have new backpacks, lunchbags, etc. DS got a Minecraft backpack & DD got a fluffy/furry unicorn backpack.

We are all so ready! We live out of district so my DD doesn't see any of her friends during the summer (her choice since she chooses not to get contact info for them but still), and they are both tired of going to the babysitter's all day. I have Mondays off so I will have a whole day to myself every week!

The only thing we are waiting on is DD's glasses. She left them on the floor at the babysitter's a couple weeks ago, and one of the dogs chewed off one of the earpieces. Another set is on order that's supposed to arrive before school but you know how those things go. I cringe thinking about her going to school with only one earpiece like a ragamuffin (and the first day of school pictures -- eeek!) so let's hope the glasses place calls me this week!

Last edited by LeeAndra; 07-30-2019 at 02:26 PM.