View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 10:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
About constructive criticism. To me, scrapping is very personal. I scrap how I want; I usually don't care what the trend is. The photos are the most important part of all my layouts. Like JillW said, ". . . I don't want to change the way I scrap or scrap the way I think a site wants to see just to get onto a creative team. I'm scrapping for me
Oh, I'm scrapping for me too! And my family, so we can relive those memories and remember the good times, and the everyday laughs and trials. But if I'm doing something really dumb that I'm not aware of, I'd like to know! I look at it as improving my skills. For example, I didn't know my shadows were not that realistic until I started observing others' shadows and using more shadow styles and tweaking them some. I never understood how other used multiple pattern papers without clashing until I asked what their secret was (they said to use different scales of patters, BTW). There's so much to learn, I'd love to learn from those that are better than I am, in everything I do, and scrapping is no exception!