View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 11:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I'm so sorry about computer issues - that is the one thing that can really make my day go south!

I'm also sorry to hear about schooling... as a homeschooler who is passionate about schooling at home, it hurts my heart that parents are struggling... this is not homeschooling, it is crisis-schooling.
Exactly! Crisis schooling! I am SO tired of all of the 'homeschooling' memes, posts, etc. These parents are NOT homeschooling! The teachers are still educating. The parents are facilitating. Honestly, this is a completely different ballgame, and, for many, much harder than homeschooling! If someone chooses to homeschool they educate themselves and prepare. They choose curriculum. They have a say in when and how things are done. There is not that freedom in crisis schooling. I'm in education and, to be perfectly honest, right now I'd rather be homeschooling my child than trying to pick up the pieces from this crisis schooling. I would have a lot more control that way. Homeschooling is not easy by any means, but the parent has more control in the situation. They have a choice. This was thrust upon many who were completely unprepared and not equipped to handle it.