Thread: Organization
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 02:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
This is a hard one to answer. Yes, and no.

I love organizing and I feel so much better in a space that is organized and kept that way. However, I am also a perfectionist and if I can't do something perfectly, I don't want to do it at all. This leaves me with a mess sometimes. For example, if I don't have time to put my clothes away in the organized fashion that I prefer, I pile them on the dresser with the intention of organizing them properly later. Later might not come around for a few weeks.

Organizing things is also a slow process for me. It takes multiple iterations of something before I figure out what works best for me. It took living in our old house 8 years before knowing exactly where everything should go and how I wanted it orgnanized. It was great... right before we moved. We've been here 5 years and I feel like I'm constantly moving stuff around trying to find a better system. We are finally starting to get somewhere, I hope!

I'm much more organized at work than I am at home, but I am struggling a little this year. I'm in a new position this year. I went from having my own classroom space to a shared space with another person. I have so little storage and what storage I do have is a few shelves. I am struggling to find what works for me in this new space. I was in the other room for 8 years. I could walk in while it was dark and find exactly what I needed in 30 seconds or less. Now I am looking through piles on the bookcase to try and figure it out. I also have no plan time so I have kids back to back from breakfast through the end of the day other. Its hard to organize when there is no time to do so, I stay after almost every day until 5 or 6 (get off at 4) and I'm still not making a lot of progress.
I have to agree with you in that I feel better when things are organized. I think I would be stressed if I couldn't be organized at work.
We've lived in our home for 37 years and I still move stuff around when I'm (re)organizing - that drives my husband crazy!