View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m so sorry. I and two of my sons get migraines that are more typical and respond if we take meds. One son had a concussion and had constant headaches, sometime migraines for over a year. He still has a constant headache but it’s milder now, only a 2 of 10.

We tried everything. Injections (worked once not the other times), various meds and supplements, training to reduce stress and relax before sleep. We were down to the suggestion of acupuncture, which my son declined. He missed a semester of school. He was homeschooled so we just made the classes up the next year. I know how frustrating it is. My son’s pain was never below a 4 and would go to 9 (on pain scale to 10). I’m sorry I don’t have any magic answers. I would suggest giving him the time and space he needs until he feels better though because stress definitely triggered or worsened my son’s migraines. I think it’s wise to do homebound instruction when needed.

I got my daith pierced (inner cartilage in ear) which has helped reduce my migraines, which are cyclical and hormonal. I no longer get migraines from sleep deprivation and my monthly migraines are less severe. I figured I had nothing to lose but $50 and was desperate enough to try it. A tattoo parlor did the piercing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk