View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rbeckie View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that you deal with this. this is my worst fear for my son. This headache has lasted 4 weeks now without relief for him. I was actually thinking about acupuncture - at this point I'm willing to try anything! have you found ANY medications that help the pain? So far nothing is working for my son either.
It is really hit or miss with medications and it really depends on the timing. If I catch it super early, before it is a full blown headache, I have better luck. Maxalt is the best for me, but only eases my headaches about 60% of the time and actually ends them less than 10% of the time. I've stared Aimovig injections for preventing and I recently had my first 12 day headache stretch for the first time over a year - I've also had about a 50% reduction in headaches since starting it. For me, knowing my triggers (I use the Migraine Buddy app to journal them) and avoiding them as well as a good preventative medication helps me more than medications after the headache has started.