View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 03:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Photos 90% of the time.

If a kit comes out that I'm just dying to use, I find the photos that will work with that kit. For the most part, I'm always playing catch up. Pictures, Template, then kit. Or kit then template, those are pretty interchangeable.
Haha!! I totally get playing catch up!! My kids are 27, 20 & 19... I have about 5 years scrapped for my daughter, but my boys only have 1 year scrapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I have a folder that already has subfolders with photos + a kit + a template so that's where I usually start if I'm not CT scrapping. I usually place papers first (I use Cindy's the most and she always has lots of fun paper layers), then photos, then elements. If there are a lot of paper layers, I tend not to use many elements. I shadow as I go. If I can use a piece of wordart as a title, I will. Journaling is usually last. If I'm scrapping without a template, I have one or two photos with a bunch of elements clustered around and one paper for the background but in the same order as above.

If I'm CT scrapping, I go into my "To Be Scrapped" folder to find some photos that will match/coordinate the CT kit or template. I rarely just dig in and see what strikes me from my photos or kits but I'm getting pretty caught up on my backlog so I might need to do that sooner rather than later. I guess that's the price you pay for being overly organized.
What a great idea to have a folder that includes the kit & template!! I buy kits & think of photos that will work with them. Maybe I should add the kit preview in the folder, then I'll remember when I get to the photos?! Hmmm... add that to the to-do list

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I mostly work with CT kits so will match photos to the kit(s). When doing challenges, I love to combine kits and will choose a photo to coordinate with the kit(s) and if colors clash, I turn the photo(s) into b/w.

I love to browse thru LR and randomly grab photos, sometimes using a photo I previously scrapped but will crop it differently.

So, I am totally random in my selection of photos and kits (if not CT work).
I love combining kits, too, Rae! It's fun to put random pieces together.