View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 11:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
What a interesting thread! I love reading everyone's approach!

Here's what I do (and please excuse my bad grammar!). I unzip the kit and then arrange all the generic elements: all buttons, flairs, brad, staples etc are in a folder called "buttons", all ribbons, bows, laces, strings, tapes are "ribbons" and so on, until I'm left with the themed elements. I take a look at the papers and the word art, to understand what the designer wanted to create. Then I decide if I want to use a photo or not (most times I don't). Then I go to each folder and select what I want to use (I always end up using 75% of the elements and 1-3 papers). I load them all together (File -> Scripts -> Load files into stack), hide them all but one paper, and then I make visible one layer at a time, starting with the themed elements and the word art. The only problem is that I have to move the layers a lot (they are loaded alphabetically, and paint is above ribbons! Horror!). I must admit that I use a template only when I have to, and this almost random placement speeds up my process. I add a shadow as I go, and at the end I check if everything is shadowed and finally I play with the shadows (this part is the longest!).
No need to apologize, Cindy!!
What an interesting process you have!! I love your creative layouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I'm not exactly sure. A few years ago I was doing the clusters on the layer/area where I wanted them. Then one day I opened a blank canvas because I couldn't "see" the cluster that I was working on. I had started working on a fresh/bright background where I could see what was being placed and where and I realized it was SO much easier clustering. It was about that time when my clusters started working and weren't just three flowers in a triangle with two leaves sticking out! I think the papers and layers were confusing me and I needed to see a blank slate. It worked for me and something that I've done since then. When I save my layout, I also save my clusters/elements canvas so I have them for future uses.

As far as the templates, I HATE overthinking. I can mess myself up for days with overthinking. I've found that randomness is often the best blessing (for me). Maybe it's why I don't use a lot of templates? Although lately with Amber and Lorie making amazing templates I've been using them again!!
I'm going to give that a try this week! Your reasoning makes sense.

LOL! You know overthinking and I are good buddies

I agree about Amber & Lorie's templates!!