Thread: RQOTD....
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 01:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I too locked my baby in the car! It was years ago when my oldest was around one. This was way before there was such a thing as keyless entry and cellphones were still the big bricks that only a few carried around. LOL! I had arrived at the grocery store and got out of my door to go to the back where the baby was. I guess it was so automatic to hit the lock as I got out and as the door clicked shut I realized it was locked. Of course, the back doors were locked too. I stood there in a quandary... do I go call for help in the store or just stand around and wait. I didn't want to leave her alone so I figured I'd wait for someone to pass. That usually busy parking lot was almost empty! Anyway, it was a nice day but not hot and she was sleeping in the back so I wasn't panicking. A guy soon came by and I asked for help. My driver's window was down about an inch so he was able to jimmy it down enough to fit his arm through. Thank goodness I had some old-school locks that were at the top of the door and got a little wider at the top! Anyway, he got my door open and I felt so relieved! (And totally guilty!!)