Thread: RQOTD....
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 11:26 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Yep -locked keys in the car while it was running...on our honeymoon!...at the car rental lot.
We'd just arrived in Hawaii and went to get the car at the rental lot. The oh so helpful rental car guy started the engine to get the a/c going to cool down the car. He was busy talking to my new hubby while I was tossing luggage into the trunk. Coming from the airport I didn't think twice when I tossed my carry-on bag into the trunk too - which included my purse.
I slammed the trunk down and my hubby, trying to be the sweet gentleman, made movement to come open my car door for me, but shut the driver's door without thinking.
He comes around but the passenger door is locked. Oops.
He goes around to the drivers door -also locked. Uh oh.
We sheepishly walk back into the rental office. No problem, they have a master list of codes to create new keys. But see this is my family where nothing ever works out on the first try lol! (seriously our entire honeymoon is like something out of National Lampoon!)
Someone had transposed numbers on the master key list. None of the combinations they tried worked. The whole time I kept asking for a slim jim to pop it open but they didn't like that idea.
An hour passes and now we're hungry and thirsty, but having tossed all the luggage into the car we don't have any money on us and the rental car place would only point to the vending machines.
I was getting cranky and asked for the millionth time for a slim jim or clothing hanger. The guy finally relented and the door popped open instantly. UGH.

So yes, that's how the honeymoon started! The next day I'd end up in the ER. A few days after that hubby would get totally sea sick spending our sunset cruise with his head between his knees. And we'd end the trip broken out in bug bites after some hotel nastiness. It was memorable!