View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Current Reads... Early May

Whoa. I'm not sure what exactly happened to April, but it's long gone! Between spring break, vacation & 2 weeks of sickness... April just seemed to evaporate for me. Soooo... what have YOU been reading??

Here's what I finished since the last thread...

Favorites included:
Neverwhere - 4 Stars
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - 4 Stars
Anne of Green Gables - 5 Stars
Both Chief Inspector Armand Gamache Books - 4 Stars
Daisy Jones & The Six - 5 Stars
The Word Is Murder - 4 Stars

I was sad to read the final Grafton Title I have really enjoyed this series over the years and am bummed that the author wasn't able to give all of her wonderful characters a proper send off before she passed away. I did start a new mystery series by Louise Penny - finishing off the first 2 titles - that I really enjoyed. Also really liked the writing style of Horowitz. I had read The Beekeeper's Apprentice about 12-15 years ago and remembered loving it. When I recently noticed that the series has grown a lot since the last title I finished [book 8 & now there are 15] and I thought I'd re-read the early books to jump start the later additions... but this time around it fell rather flat [I gave it a 5 the first time around and only a 3 this time]... so am now unsure if I actually want to dive back in or not.

It's been eons since I've read the Anne Girl series and loved re-reading the first book again... although, honestly, I read it so often when I was young, that I remembered nearly every detail

I highly recommend listening to Daisy Jones & the Six! I went into it cold, knowing nothing about the book, and wasn't sure for the longest time whether it was fact or fiction.

Truthwitch was a disappointment with 2 stars.

Last edited by lingovise; 05-06-2019 at 10:39 AM.