Thread: A Share
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Over the weekend (on our way to see Santa actually), when she was in the car I noticed she didn't have control over the right side of her face. She can't blink that eye, she can't move her lip, and her ear is a little off too. We were at the vets for the photos, so I made an appt and Jordan took her last night. Naturally assuming the worst, I was thinking stroke or dreading cancer and that she was in pain and we'd have to have her put to sleep. But it turns out it's likely a nerve syndrome that sometimes happens in older dogs. Her body randomly decided to attack the nerves on that side of her face, and it will hopefully work itself out over the next few months. There's nothing we can do, she needs to get used to it for now and adjust to eating and stuff. It has no effect on her vision, and they don't think it's anything more serious because her weight is the same (65lbs for the 5 year in a row, lol), her attitude is great, etc. So we just have to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get worse, and if it's still bad in a few months (right around her 9th birthday in May), we'll go back in for more testing.