View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

thank you guys!!

I really need to find anyone who has dealt with one single migraine that doesn't end. there's a condition called "new daily persistent headache" that terrifies me. They can last MONTHS. I desperately hope this pain ends for him.

Once we can get this migraine to stop then we can get into maintenance mode, figure out how often the will happen, what triggers them, etc. I know he needs a consistent sleep schedule, plenty of fluids, and luckily since he's 11 he doesn't generally do caffeine or alcohol (lol) for triggers. The triptan drugs generally work pretty well at stopping a migraine if taken within 30 mins of initial symptoms, but they aren't effective at eliminating one that has really set in.

We met with his teachers and the principal of his school this morning, we're going to try to get him set up as a "homebound" student. His regular teachers will send work home and he'll get 4 hours of instruction from a visiting teacher each week. This will at least take the stress of school out of the equation until he's better. My husband keeps wanting to make him go to school, but I don't. this is a good compromise!

beckie_scraps on IG!