View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 02:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My 14 year old is my science geek. Right now he's obsessed with orbital mechanics. He reads non-fiction books about the space program and past missions that would probably be over my head. He seeks out obscure books on the topic--one of his few birthday requests was a book on types of rocket fuels that has been out of print but will be re-printed this spring. He also loves to play the video game Kirbal Space Program. If he has his way, every minute of every day would be spent either reading or playing KSP, with occasional breaks to talk my ear off about both.

My 11 year old is all about magic. He can almost always be found with a deck of cards or another magic tool (linking rings, a wand, etc) in his hand. He reads mostly how to books about magic and card tricks and watches clips from Penn and Teller Fool Us and magicians from America's Got Talent. His dream is to go to Las Vegas and perform on both shows.

My 9 year old is my balanced kid, the only one who isn't hyperfocused on one thing. She loves to read, but she reads a little of everything. She currently loves graphic novels (especially Raina Telgemeier) and historical fiction, and last month she reread the Harry Potter books. She watches British cooking shows and sitcoms like Fuller House. Her favorite organized activity is Girl Scouts.