Thread: All by myself!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 09:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default All by myself!

Cat is out of the bag, after 24+ years of being married I am getting a divorce. One of the things that always came up in our marriage was I wanted to do things, but wasn't allowed to do or go places--like visit Tammy. While my divorce isn't official, I am on my own with the kiddos and able to do my own things. A couple of weeks ago, I offered to take the children to Michigan to see their father before school started so he had some time with them. We agreed to meet in Youngtown, Ohio where we did a switch and then I proceeded to drive down to Columbus, Ohio and took a 2-day minivacation meeting up with some of my Fortnite Family. Not only did we get to meet each other for the first time, we went out to eat in an actual restaurant!! You guys, it's been pre-pandemic that I ate in public! We ate at Cracker Barrel, probably the second time (?) that I ate there and it was GOOD! I was able to get us tickets to Other World, which oh my goodness was one of the highlights of my minivacation!!! I didn't know if I would enjoy Other World, but oh my goodness, you guys....it was ah-mazing!! If you ever find yourself in Columbus Ohio, check this place out!! You can see the entire exhibit in less than an hour or stay there all evening long!! The lights, the ambiance of the place is just amazing!! When I left to come home, I was sad that I was leaving my Fortnite Family, coming home empty-handed without my children, but proud and excited that I, ME, went on a mini vacation ALL BY MYSELF and had fun doing so!! I know there will be a lot more of these mini vacations when the kids are at their father's and quite frankly, I'm excited to see what the future holds for me and the things that I will get to experience and had wanted to experience all of these years but couldn't!!

Here are a few photos from my visit, and hopefully something to entice you all to visit yourself!