View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 09:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
We are thinking about getting a puppy! Call me crazy... but since we are all home for at least 6 weeks with all of our sports/activities cancelled- it's pretty perfect timing! We're looking at another english bulldog- a little sister for our Lucy- so far I'm in love with this pup that's only about an hour away from us...
isnt she adorable!? Now to decide on a name..
Think I can convince the husband to let us get another hairless cat??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
I teach middle school math. Khan Academy has a ton of videos/topics about just about anything kids might want to learn. I use it for math for kids who need extra practice. Totally free.
Prodigy is another good math related site. It allows me to set up content that goes along with common core standards, but you don't have to use it that way.
There are a lot of sites out there. Our school uses Open Up resources to access the Illustrative Math curriculum... it's all online and completely free.
Other fun sites my students use include these:
Game About Squares
SET puzzles
Digital Breakout
Balance Puzzles

If I come up with any more, I'll let you know.

Well the Commander shut down the schools on post until further notice. The teachers have 3-days to get lesson plans created and on Thursday we'll either have to pick up paper/assignment packets at the school or utilize some sort of Google Classroom on an electronic device. After Wednesday, all daycares are closed on post. The hospital on post is doing drive-through screening for those who think they have been affected, coming home from a high virus area, etc. No one is allowed in the hospital unless they've been screened and approved, this includes for all appointments (which our doctor's offices are in the hospital).

Tomorrow I have to get to the commissary and see if they have anything on the shelves because I just found out I have four family members coming tomorrow night and will require meals.