View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 03:15 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I actually haven't been to many museums. Went to a few when I attended a couple of my Dad's Navy reunions in the 90's. Of those, the Smithsonian Air & Space was my favorite. We toured it in the free hours we had outside of the reunion activities and the reason we went to it...

But my favorite has to be the one that is right here in my town. I was a part of the dedication ceremony in 1972 when I was in high school as the band was a part of the ceremony. It has added so much since then and I was amazed when I toured it again in 2019 how much more was in it. We have a festival in town that includes many activities at the museum and in our downtown every summer usually on the weekend closest to July 20th. Why that date? Well the
museum is the Neil Armstrong Air and Space museum and July 20th is the date of his first steps on the moon.

And, in just 8 weeks, the museum is a base for a lot of things going on for the weekend of April 5 through 8. We happen to be in the 100% totality of the solar eclipse on April 8th and the town itself has made many lists of best places to see the eclipse. We are actually the location in Ohio with the longest time of totality as well, almost 4 minutes. I'll be sitting on my front lawn to watch it