View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
Aaron.......if you are anything like me......you won't carry around the big DSLR. I only use mine if I have special photos in mind (like doing portraits of my boys.....ya know....when I want to pretend I am a pro photographer. LOL). I carry my P&S everywhere with me. It is my go to camera, hands down. Of course, I have the very best one...IMO.

I got this baby.........Canon G12. It is an upper scale P&S and the photo quality is unbelievable. PLUS, it has great options where you can be more in manual mode and manipulate your photos like you would on a larger camera. And one of my favorite features is it has a flip out screen so it is SUPER easy to do self-portraits.

A great resource I found while trying to shop for these kinds of things is Test Geeks. You get professional and consumer reviews of the products. Once I get my information here then I usually go shop around prices (like at best buy, amazon, ect) and see what reviews are there. I hope this helps!

Good luck on finding the perfect camera for you!

I totally second, Tara!! I love the G12... I don't carry by Rebal around anymore - honestly, I've lost my charger haha... I do have a canon powershoot that kiddo uses and sometimes that gets taken like two weekends ago at a conference when i wanted to take photos and not be noticed...