View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 04:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I love museums! We’re in DC right now, and I have boarded my family to death at the museum of natural history and the museum of American history because I want to read all the placards and see all the things, while my husband just wants to check off his list that he went to the museums.

The absolute best museum I’ve ever been to is the D-Day museum in New Orleans. It has letters that soldiers wrote home to their moms and girlfriends and families, and you really get a feeling for how terrible the war was. Plus, it feels like their stories deserve to be heard.

Even in our city in the Philippines we have a tiny city museum, and I learned so much about the history of the area from going there. I recommended it to a friend, and he said, “That was the most boring thing I’ve ever done!” So I don’t know if I just had a really good tour guide or if I’m just kind of a weirdo about museums, lol.
I love museums. DC is awesome...kids loved the spy museum! I enjoy being outdoors too but it is fun to hit the museums/visitor centers before we head out on a trail to know what animals or plants we might find too. I did a field trip in 7th grade with school. My Dad was a chaperone and it was art museums for us. He loves art and teaching us about it. 7th grade boys in an art museum...welp that was a different story. I love, love History. The history musuems, presidential library, Ford Theatre...love all that too. We try to visit historical monuments/sites as well as national parks