View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 04:07 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm on my 2nd Dell after 2 HPs, so it's been about 5 years since I owned an HP laptop. I loved both until things went spectacularly wrong. They both developed hinge problems that made the screen separate and led to the computers dying well before they should have. With the second one I sent it in for service (which they did under warranty at 13 months because the problem had begun before the 12-month mark). It came back to me making noises it shouldn't have, but I was never able to get HP to agree to look at it and admit they had caused a new problem while it was in for service. By 18 months it was unusable and unrepairable, so I'm done with HP laptops.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Whoa, by 13 months the hinge was breaking/broken? Yikes! Mine was about 4 years, and I do think it was just from use. I used to keep my laptop on the coffee table in the family room so I could scrap while watching TV at night with DH or hanging with the kids during the day. (Like, if they were happily playing I could sneak off to scrap.) So it was constantly being opened and shut. 4 years seemed long to me for the wear and tear I put on it, but barely a year? No way. And the fact they wouldn't look at it again? Not cool.