View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 10:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Lately, I've been letting it go. I used to document every.single.memory, mostly when my kids were little and I was on 12 creative teams. Now that they're big, I realize that i told a lot of stories that didn't matter or mean anything, and now I really just focus on things that I care about. I'm trying to find balance. As I look through my monthly pictures, I stick with the ones that are important and leave out the rest. I'm quite certain no one will notice.
I was the same when my kids were little, but I think it also has to do with their ages. When they were little, I felt perfectly comfortable capturing the memory through my eyes. I knew what was happening, their feelings were obvious or they told me what they thought, and it was fine for public consumption. That doesn't feel right now that they're teens--I won't speak for them the way I used to, and if I make conversations public without their explicit permission they'll stop having those conversations with me, even when they're not about anything sensitive. So yeah, fewer pictures and less journaling in our current albums.