View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 04:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I did 4 5th grade yearbooks for our elementary school. (my kids were in 3 of the years) The last one was about 6-7 years ago. I also used to do one for my prek classes when I was a teacher.

For the 5th grade books:
We printed thru Docu-copies, they had the best prices at the time. (not sure about now) They had a calculator that let you estimate your costs.

I set up an alias email so parents could easily send me pics and forms.

We also ran some ads to help cover the cost. Businesses could buy ads, and parents could purchase a love line or a love block.

Make lists and check lists.

I asked parents for photos too. Photos of first and last day, trips, homework, school activities, sports etc....

We sent out forms for the parents and kids to fill out. We had help from the teachers to make sure each item when to each child. (we had 60-80 kids in 5th grade, 3 classes)

I had all files organized in folders and asked several other to proof read pages for me. (i'm the queen of typos...)

Our books were 8.5 x 11. printing at a standard size kept cost down. I will try n post a quick video of them so you can see what I did. I can look later and see if I still have my templates from each page, if you are interested.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow