View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, December is Chaotic for me. Christmas was always a BIG thing growing up.... all my memories of Christmas come from the baking, decorating, the hustle & bustle and the traditions so I have always done the same with my kids.

I started decorating the day after Halloween (I know it probably sounds early, but that's really when the holiday season begins around here since our Thanksgiving was in October). I'm actually still not done... lol a few sets of lights to fix, and then the kids need to decorate their room trees then the decorating should be done. This weekend we go to pick out our actual Christmas tree at the tree farm, our towns tree lighting and milk and cookies with Santa is also this weekend, which means our annual photo with Santa will be taken this weekend (I told the kids a few years ago, the only thing I want for Christmas for the rest of my life is that photo... so far they are doing pretty good about humoring me in their teens. lol

I've already started baking...... my baking list is MASSIVE!! like 20+ things massive, so there are cookies tucked away in the freezer already as I'm trying so hard to make it a little easier and less stressful on myself. I just picked up stuff last night to get a lot more done over the next few days.

We've filled our donation boxes and sent them in, and last weekend was our local charity to help families in our area in need and we gave to that as well.... giving back is always important and I am happy to have the opportunity to teach my children that giving is just as good (and better) than receiving.

This year we will be going to a Christmas Dinner with hubby's work... it's been a long time since he's had a job where they get together for a staff dinner which means it's been a long time since I've been out of the house for a sit down dinner..... i'm excited, but my anxiety is starting to freak me out a bit. I've been planning the Christmas dinner we have at our house every year. We always take a couple days before Christmas to do an italian food feast.... it's nice to have everyone over and even better to have all the leftovers so I don't have to cook again before Christmas LOL

As far as shopping goes, I already stopped going in to stores since the end of November (besides the grocery store of course). I do not like places that are busy, and I get frustrated with extra stuff blocking isles, people holding 'reunions' in the isles so you can't get anywhere.... I don't like shopping as it is, but at this time of year I especially dislike it. Amazon and my delivery person will be my best friends for the remainder of the season. hahaha

Other than that, the kids are in school until the 21st, we still have all the regular activities going until then too, so to say it's a busy month is an understatement. Oh yea, I made a list the other day of all the Christmas movies and cartoons that we watch EVERY year (like it's a serious offense if we miss one lol), and there are 23 movies and 22 cartoons!!! I thought we'd make it 1 of each a night, BUT here it is day 4, and we have started yet!! Guess we'll be doing some binge watching on the weekend. Oh.... speaking of 'day 4' how can I forget the little Elves on my shelf!!
they keep me busy too

We'll have to go to the inlaws at some point, Christmas day is always spent with my family..... in all my 37 years, I've never had a christmas day without my oldest brother, even when I lived away and couldn't make it home he came to us, so that's something I cherish always. I THINK that's it!!! I'm exhausted just thinking about it all.... but I am always up for the Challenge.