View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cindi, Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! You are really lucky about homeschooling. Here's it starts to develop but really slowly…
And the goverment don't help and make it something anormal...

I'm really happy for your son and his accomplishments, it is just wonderful! I'm glad he find his way and his gift! Love this idea!

Lot's of hugs to you and again thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
We are lucky that homeschooling is so much more common today here. He has lots of homeschooled friends and takes classes with them for the subjects that I can't /don't want to teach.

That son is about to graduate high school. His reading caught up, though spelling is still difficult for him with dyslexia. He will need to have someone proofread his writing for spelling.
His handwriting is terrible, but he can type just fine. Math is REALLY tough for him since he can't memorize math facts. But he is creative and loves to invent things. He is going to an art and design college and majoring in industrial design - he even got a scholarship! So he found something he's really good at that won't use that math. They all have different gifts and you'll find your son's. Hugs!

My favorite quote and the theme of our homeschool: "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein