View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 11:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
THAT IS A WONDERFUL TIP! Frozen veggies gross me out; I've tried boiling {gag} and pan frying, but I've never tried roasting them. Joel bought two big bags during his initial stocking up, and I'm going to try this before I give up and give the second bag away.
That's funny, if we can't get fresh, we always use frozen veggies! We never use canned veggies because they are soggy

I was cooking every night before the virus, but now with the virus and the kids are home (vs not being at appointments) that they have started helping with the meals. Just last night, the oldest made fried rice and the middle made orange chicken! I just supervised! The night before the youngest made tacos. It's his specialty and he's pretty good!

So while we've been cramped at home in our tiny house, they are actually doing more of the cooking and meal planning than before the virus which is really giving me time off from planning meals!! I mean don't get me wrong. I still make a good portion of the meals, but there are days that the kids heavily help out or make the meals.

The above mentioned also means I have twice the dishes at the end of the night. It seems like our dishwasher is always running. I think we run it at least two times a day :O