View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
He says he hates reading but that's because it's still work for him. Once it gets easier he might really enjoy reading comic books or small chapter books by himself.

I remember when I first started knowing how to read I had to read EVERY word I could come across. Especially the milk carton sitting on the table every morning it would drive me a bit nuts. I still remember it to this day. "lait UHT demi-écrémé UHT 1 litre" haha that's crazy. I guess repetition is key!
We got him a couple comic books for his birthday because that's all he has been "reading" the past year or so. When he opened them for his birthday he was like "oh . . . . ." I knew he was disappointed, but we've read him the first comic book and now he's slowly working his way through the second comic book! He'll ask us what this word is or say he doesn't know what's going on in the page, but even reading comic books can be difficult. The best is when he'll come get us, after playing in his room, carrying a book saying he knows what this word means/is saying! I love that he is determined to be as "smart" as his sisters and that he is actually trying really hard!