View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 09:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had a disappointing Mother's Day with no cards, hugs, Happy Mother's Day wishes, etc. from either of my kids. My mom did make me a card & buy me some flowers "from the kids."

It's been stressful to work from home & help school my 6yo. Luckily, the 10yo has an amazing teacher who's regularly met with her students and set plans in place for everyone to follow so that I don't have to worry about her. With the 6yo still learning to read, I have to stop working to sit with him and make sure he knows what to do. I did get a new computer last week but before that he & I were having to share a computer for work and school. I'm more concerned about next school year and how hybrid learning may work as I don't know how I could work from my office (where I'm a receptionist so I need to be on-site) if one or both of my kids was only in the school building 2-3x/week and needed to be at home the other days.

All that + how I'm currently WFH and being frustrated with some workplace politics & my EHD isn't working! I was able to finally get it to my sister's fiance, who works in IT, last week so hopefully he's able to figure it out and let me know what to do. Seems a real shame to have time to scrap and a new laptop to scrap with and all of my supplies are stuck on that EHD.

2020 has already been a year for the record books, and it's only May. I shudder to think what will happen by the time 2021 rolls around.