View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 09:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Our school board held their first meeting yesterday on how to handle the 2020-21 school year. Apparently the Governor of VA has promised schools guidelines by early June, so no decisions can be made yet. Option 1 is full distance learning, which is everyone's worst case scenario. Option 2 is a hybrid model, with some distance learning and some in person. They're still considering a few different hybrid models. They might have students all alternate days on and off campus, or they might give priority to students who benefit least from virtual learning, such as K-2 students and special education populations. Option 3 is "regular" school with an emphasis on how to serve students and teachers who can't come back due to their or a family member's risk status. In both of the in person scenarios they'll be ready to switch back to full distance learning as needed, so they're investing in more technology and digital curriculums, partly with the goal of reducing the amount of parent help that virtual learning requires for elementary aged students.

Even though these 3 options are common sense and I knew they had to be what was under consideration, there's something about hearing an organized strategy and timeline that helps. They're hoping to make a decision by the end of June, which is good news. I was worried that we'd be in limbo until August.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk