View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by winipeg1 View Post
thanks girls for all the great advice.

I know my shadowing is a little reserved- this is because when I first started my shadowing was all over the place, to big, dark and everything was just awful when I had those pages printed. So I toned it down (perhaps a bit to much)
I have a small gallery and don't plan to apply to any CTs anytime soon or ever really. I have a pretty busy life and have no idea how I would fit in CTing. I have a lot of pages that I haven't posted to my gallery. I tend not to post pages with photos to my gallery. But I pay really close attention to the CT pages created for the designers here as I think they're amazing and I can learn so much from them. Examine those because you'll really see that those ladies do some amazing shadow work.

I would strongly suggest that you read the shadowing tutorials suggested here and also invest in the shadow sets that are for sale at SSD. (I think that Jen Barrette is the one who created them.) Also see Misty Cato's tutorials for text (using blending modes to make your text stand out.) Basically, just check the SSD blog for tutorials and check out each designer's blog for more. (I'm wondering if there's some way that we could have a sticky message with links to all those fab tutorials???) You will be amazed at the difference the shadowing makes, especially when you use the right types of shadows for the right elements.