View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I think it was a poorly thought out statement that is now being used to divert attention from the real issue of the economy. It's much easier & more dramatic for the media to focus on a 'mommy war' than the non dramatic & kind of dull problem of the economy itself. Not to mention the fact that really, there is nothing any politician can do fix it.

I agree with others here who've said that politician in general are not qualified to speak on the problems of the middle or lower class. I seriously doubt any of them had a month where they had to debate between paying for car repairs or paying the electric bill or paying for a painful broken tooth to be repaired or paying the mortgage or spent 6 months looking for work. I don't think Ann Romney is at all qualified to speak on women's economic issues unless she has a degree in the field and is working in it. I don't think anyone is without those qualifications. Ann probably has a very good grasp of life on a mid 6 figure salary but not so much of one about life on $50,000.