View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
I found this comment regarding it that I think probably gets close to the mistake on both sides.

"She was merely trying to point out that it's probably not the wisest decision for a wealthy candidate to rely on his privileged spouse to provide guidance on issues that face typical American women who are employed outside the home earning a paycheck that is essential to the economic survival of their families."

What is a 'typical american woman'? There is no 'typical american' woman. There are just lots of women, doing lots of different kinds of things, living lots of types of lifestyles. To lump us all into one place (in whatever way you want) would just leave a bunch of the other ones out. It's the 'lumping' that is the problem.

I think there are ALL kinds of women out there. Some of us are SAHM where our spouses earn a paycheck outside the home. Some of us a SAHM and we earn paychecks when we work in the home for outside people. Some of us are Mom's that are single mothers that have to work outside the home to put food on the table. I personally know atleast one of each of these kinds of women. They all do what's right for their families and their situations.

None of them are better than the other. And because my experience fits into one of those categories above, I would be capable of commenting on my experience. But I would also in no way feel qualified to comment on the experience of another. My way is my way. No less, no more, just me. And someone elses way is their way.
Kristi said it perfectly. it's sad that as women, we feel the need to defend our decisions & to put down other women. being everything we need to be is tiresome...putting down other women or judging them just makes it so much worse.