View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm addicted to 3D printers ... absolutely love the concept ... can't wait to MAKE things that you can't buy ... for example I want to make an android figure that will sit in the cup holder in my van and hold my cell phone (and be a charger) ... so printing something like this but adapt it to fit in my cupholder (plus allow the cord to go through it) ...

...and I so want to make this to go in my teenager's room as a night light ... turn the head and change the color that lights up inside him ...image is linked so you can get a better idea of what I am talking about ...

Here is a picture of a 3D printer similar to what I will be building at our local hackerspace ... I am sooooo excited about it! It will take filament and melt it and "print" it to make layers and turn it into shapes ... I have gears I want to make for an Arduino project, new parts for my van's vent (it broke & you can't buy them any more)...

Here is my pinterest with 3D projects I find interesting ... some are suggestions for our hackerspace to "print" for kids to use at the Maker Faire ... others are projects I might be interested in making or just find interesting ...

http://pinterest.com/digiscrapgirl/3...-to-try-ccckc/

I have so many ideas of things I want to make with it ... oh and the plastic parts on MY printer will be PINK!!! I want people to know it belongs to a girl!!