Thread: 2022 kit ideas
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
Maybe a Canada Kit that's general and a small add-on pack per province that can be picked up separately??

I'm not sure if I can describe well, but think your rugged outdoors kits, natural, nature, beauty, mountains, lakes, prairies, beaches (but not tropical ones), can't forget the ice and snow, provincial parks & flags. There's also the route of what the provinces are known for.... gold, potatoes, lighthouses, fishing industry, oil industry, farming.... Canadian Pop culture would be another good theme to build around. I dunno..... I LOVE the Canada Day Kits that designers always comes up with, and enjoy the stereotypical elements (cause they do exist for sure), I just always feel like there's more to "show off"
Trying to think of what else could be added for Canadian themed kits. I'm from Quebec and we have an Old Montreal, and Old Quebec City where there are historic buildings and squares, cobble stone streets, horse drawn carriages all decked out, artists in the streets, live music including the traditional fiddle and spoons. There's the famous poutine and beaver tails (yes, it's something to eat, lol). There's also whale watching further north. We have indigenous culture too, might be something to explore? We are also defined by our bilingualism. Also, maybe word art that you'd only see in Canada i.e. eh? loonie, toonie, Timmies, a double double, tuque to name a few. I'm sure each province has their own that defines them. That's all I can think of for now.