View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 01:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What is your favorite sandwich? Grilled cheese. Or a BLT, depends on whether I'm making at home or ordering at a restaurant!
Do you watch youtube videos? Which ones? Some... I am addicted to a teacher "vlogger" Michelle of Pocketful of Primary. She moved up to 4th grade and I moved down to preschool, but I still love it. (In fact, I had been out of the classroom staying home with my kids for over 5 years when I started watching her channel!) And I'll watch whatever else I need to in order to learn how to do something, decide if I want to buy a product, etc.
What is the last movie you saw? Just watched Shrek 2 today on Netflix. Can't even remember the last movie I saw in a theater!
Describe your neighborhood. My actual neighborhood is the best! We live in a lake community with great neighbors, a community pool, and sidewalks. We're pretty far out of the main area of town, so it's quiet, low traffic, etc. The lots are on the larger side so we're not all squished together and there's plenty of trees. My neighborhood is a branch-off of another neighborhood and with those streets added, I can go for a 3 mile run without even touching the road that links us to the "main" road. A lot of my neighbors have dogs and their owners are always considerate and friendly and usually happy to stop and chat and let my kids pet their dogs. Our HOA throws 4 parties a year, summer kick-off, Labor Day, Halloween for the kids, and Christmas for the grown-ups. There is a great mix of families and retirees, "born & raised heres" and transplants. My only complaint is that there are snakes (I've only seen 2, but I know there are more!) & fire-ants!
Well, one other complaint is that we don't currently live there! We have renters in our house and we're finishing off my husband's 20 years in the military stationed at an Embassy overseas. My "neighborhood" here is....pretty much exactly the opposite of what I just described! We live in a "high-rise" apartment building and there are 3 other embassy families living in the buildings on our street + a few more singles & couples. We have a few small playground structures outside of our buildings and have views of the mountains to the south and the city to the north.