Thread: Templates Help
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Templates Help

Hi All, My name is Tracey and I am a newbie to this forum, this is my first thread other than some comments on the intro thread.

I have been a real life scrapper for years and years and have been doing digital scrapping since 2009. To date my digital scrapbooking has been a kind of weird individual style that I put together in photoshop with papers and elements from some kits I bought in 2009 and 2010. I have done a couple of "year" albums and our honeymoon from 2006 which was a HUGE undertaking - each album i have made I got printed and they are sitting in our book case for the kids to look at. I finished the honeymoon album this month and have decided to move on to our wedding album, the wedding album at the moments is printed out photos stuck on plain white background in a huge 12x12 scrapbooking album

I wanted to get some new kits for the wedding album because I have literally not updated my collection in years!! I found sweetshoppe and fell in love with the "I love you" kit, so I have got the kit and am ready to start BUT THEN I see below the kit some gorgeous suggestions for kit use - oh lordy I had no idea that the scrapbooking style had changed so much in the last 10 years (I must have been living under a rock!!) You would honestly laugh at some of my earlier digital stuff

So now i have a problem that has a couple of different parts:

1: I'm kind of OCD in my album looking all matchy matchy, I want to use the same kit for the whole album, but with using so many elements on each page I'm concerned I'll end up with all the pages looking the same because I have a limited number of elements to use

2. We have a limited number of wedding photos - our photographer was VERY expensive and his final book included what he considered the best 50 or so photos so I don't have heaps and heaps of similar shots to put on each page, I'm kind of limited to 1 or possibly 2 photos per page

3. Because I wanted to make the wedding album extra extra special I had thought of using templates but a lot of the templates for pages with 1 or 2 photos have the photo and elements clustered in the center, these are my wedding photos so I wanted to make the photos themselves the focus of the page - are there any templates that use a bigger single photo with less white space?

I'm really excited about getting the album started but have no idea how to get it going... does anyone have any suggestions with templates or ideas for my wedding album?

Thanks in advance

(I would love to hear what you all did with your wedding albums)

(sorry for the long post)