View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 11:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am such an introvert and a homebody. Right now I feel like I'm at a stage of my life where all my "people-ing" energy is spent on my immediate family (DH and kids) or at work (preschool students and co-workers). Although I like the idea of having friends, I'd be a terrible, unavailable friend at this stage of my life. Casual friendships with coworkers and fellow graduate students, where we talk a little at school but don't make plans or call/text, fit me for now.

I like me better online because I'm able to think before I respond. I'm a super nice person and wouldn't say anything to annoy or offend in real life, but the first thing out of my mouth is never as true or good a reply as I'd give if I thought for a few minutes first. (And when it comes to needing to voice any kind of disagreement or hard truths, I just say nothing if I don't get that time to process and choose my words before I speak.) But I also find it hard to get to know people or make friends online, so I suppose real life interaction is the only way I make friends.