View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 03:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Being an only child, I grew up learning how to amuse myself. Oh the imaginary friends that I had at times! And, I am an introvert until I get to know people. So I am that wallflower when in new to me situations. Once I get to know you though...

I have had my social circles throughout the years and they have ebbed and flowed as to how my life was going at the time. And, because of the internet I have made some good friends through my mutual love of scrapbooking. I've gone to quite a few retreats and met a lot of those people in person. Am I close to them, most of them not at all but there are a few that have been there for me when needed.

IMO, the internet has been a wonderful thing in my life for over 25 years. And, even though the last 18 months have been hard because of COVID, it was brought some very good things to my life. Last Thursday night I was able to watch my cousin's son play college football online. Did it last spring as well. Heck the last game last spring we had a group text going during the game with Dad at the game in Indiana, Dad's sister in southeast Ohio, Dad's brother in Orlando and me in west central Ohio all watching and commenting. We had the best time!

I will also say I was way more social 30 years ago than I am today. I also think that as I have aged I have just become more comfortable at home.
That is so cool about the football game. Covid has taught us a lot of way to connect remotely with family and friends. Me, my sister and DIL shop on line together. That is always fun and funny. Sometimes we do it and don't buy a thing, but laugh our butts off at each other and what we think would look good on the others.

I too have gotten less social with age. I really just appreciate the peace and quiet of my own home more than anything else.