View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 06:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There are very few things in my life that I buy rand new... Some things are by choice, like furniture or decor items just because I LOVE to refinish old things to give them new life. Other things we don't have much of a choice in..... besides the fact that clothing is expensive, the only place to buy clothes here is walmart (and it's a SMALL one so very little in terms of selection and variety), and a few thrift shops. Actually, Guy's Frenchy's is a huge chain of used clothing stores in my area but I don't pick up just anything though.... I will dig the bins and search the racks for top brand names for the boys.... they could care less about labels, but it's what makes it fun for me. lol As far as online shopping goes, I am literally at on the store websites that I like to shop at daily.... I know what they have for stock, what the prices are, wishlists are made and a STALK the pages for sales (you'd be sruprised how many sales pop up without a email notification even if you are on the list), I also make it a point to make sure I go through my ebates as well. As far as food goes, I am a sales flyer hoe when it comes to the grocery stores. I wasn't so much a coupon person though since they never used to allow you to stack a coupon on top of an item on sale (but I try to watch it now as stores are starting to allow it with some things). What I like most is collecting points though.... I have already earned over $700 worth of free groceries, just by buying the things we normally use when they have points offers.... and i'm not crazy about it in the sense that I buy in bulk when there is a points offer, I just buy what I know we will use in the 2 week period that I am shopping for and I just do our meal planning around that.

I probably sound really cheap, but it reality, we are a single person income for a family of 5 and minimum wage doesn't go far..... I do whatever it takes to get my family the things they need without breaking the budget.