View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 02:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What do you like and not like about your home?

like - I love that the bus stop is right across from the house and the kids don't have to walk to school or walk several blocks to the bus stop. Also like that we live in a small development, I think there are 40 homes in our neighborhood? I love that the kids can go outside and play without any speeders coming through, as it's one big figure 8 housing area! I really like how we live in the country, yet if you travel 30 minutes in either direction, there's a town that you can do all of your shopping.

dislike - I don't like how small the house is, not just in square footage, but size like our cabinets are so small you can't fit glasses on the shelves, our doorways are super small and only 21" wide causing us to hit our elbows. We've taken a lot of our doors off to give us an extra inch or two because they are so narrow. I dislike how there isn't much closet space for all of the mandatory military gear we have to store while he is in service. I dislike how there are no available doctors in our area and we have to travel the hour to Nashville for appointments, specialty care, etc.

While I know a lot of this is not specific to the actual home that we live in, it's not our forever home, in fact we will be moving from this home to somewhere else later this year so it's hard to get attached to homes in general for our family as we know it's only a matter of time before we move to another.