View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 06:47 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

What I like: My parents built this house in 1964 in an area that was relatively newly developed. It is a great house for a single person, not too big, not too small and one level with a basement. There is some space between houses but yet close enough that you get to know your neighbors. Seen a lot of different ones over the years! I've spent the last several years purging and updating various areas in the house and outside. Only a couple more things to do.

I have a great neighbor that does my mowing and snow blowing and I've paid him to do some minor fixes around the house.

I like my small town and pretty much have everything I need (and if not there is always Amazon). During the pandemic, I have only ventured out of town 6 times. All things that could not be done here.

What I dislike: It's not major but could be an issue in the future. When this house was built, most houses had basements and the laundry area in the basement. So my washer/dryer are in the basement and as I'm getting up there in age, it could be an issue in the future. There really isn't a good place to put it on the main floor but there is a possible area but I'd have to give up closet space for it. Hopefully, I won't need to do that.

In other words, I love my house and have no plans to move at this time.